Hi Temp® Welding Blankets
Hi Temp® welding blankets are designed to protect personnel and equipment from intense heat and flame, welding sparks, and molten metal splashes. These materials are made of fiberglass cloth impregnated with patented silicone elastomer coating, and proprietary manufacturing technology. This combination results in products that lead the industry for affordability and safety. FM/ANSI 4950 Approved.
FM/ANSI 4950 Approval
Currently the only recognized standard for testing of materials used in hot works operations. Furthermore the level of use to which the material is approved is important. The standard has three levels of approval:
- Welding Blanket – intended for horizontal applications
- Welding Curtain – intended for vertical applications
- Welding Pad – intended for heavy duty “molten substances”
We are pleased that the Hi Temp R51 – 1,08 kg/m² is approved to the welding blanket standard. If using any other 1,08 kg/m² silicone coated material, check that it is approved to the welding blanket (not curtain) standard.
Three basic products
“R51″ (RED) – Silicone elastomer impregnated fibreglass industrial welding blanket. This material weighs 1,08 kg/m² and is capable of temperatures up to 954 °C (1750 °F). Suited for: heavy duty, molten metals, slag, gouging, FM blanket.
“O51” (ORANGE) – Silicone elastomer impregnated material. This material weighs 0,68 kg/m² and is capable of temperatures up to 648 °C (1200 °F). Suited for: cutting, grinding with heavy sparks, pliable, FM curtain.
“P51” (PINK) – Silicone elastomer impregnated material. This material weighs 0,54 kg/m² and is capable of temperatures up to 537 °C (1000 °F) Suited for: grinding, light sparks, pliable, FM curtain.
- Welding padsMore information
- Heater ductsMore information
- Cable coversMore information
- Jenssen screensMore information
- Pipeline WrapsMore information
- Solvent, chemical and oil resistant
- Abrasion resistant
- Non-toxic - easily meets threshold limits values
- Non-slip - safe to walk on
- UV Resistant - for outdoors uses
- Water and fungus resistant - forms a barrier
- Does not fray or unravel when cut
- A very friendly fabric to work with.
- Data Sheet (PDF)